This post was sponsored by a2 Milk® as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central. I received complimentary products to facilitate my review
I’ve always been one to stay away from dairy and milk because it generally upsets my tummy. I don’t want to take a pill just to be able to drink milk it seems absurd, so why not just make better milk? dis you know that a study showed 1 in 4 people say they have discomfort after drinking dairy, but only 5-7% of the population has been diagnosed as lactose intolerant? This is where a2 Milk ® comes in. What makes a2 Milk ® different you ask? I went to my local Meijer and picked up a half-gallon to find that out for myself!
All other milk currently on the market including organic contains the A1 protein, which is the culprit behind tummy troubles with dairy. a2 Milk ®
cows lack the A1 protein, which means people like me with tummy issues after dairy can drink real milk and not have problems! Cookies and Milk with no issues? Yes, please!
Another bonus with a2 Milk ® is that it is real milk, a real replacement for the over processed and nutritionally inferior bean and nut based beverages. a2 Milk® has 6 times the amount of calcium as soy beverages, 8 times the protein of almond beverages and 6 times the potassium levels of rice beverages. And to be honest, since I have tried every single replacement beverage out there, none of them taste good. NONE. According to everyone in my house and me too, a2 Milk® tastes like regular milk just a little thicker.
The a2 Milk® Company™ has partnered with U.S. family dairy farmers in upstate New York and the Midwest to expand the a2 herd. This means that more cows that are A1 protein free are being raised and that means milk that won’t cause discomfort is being produced across the nation. To find where you can buy a2 Milk®, check out this link –>a2 Milk® Store Finder
Meanwhile, I will share my famous cookie recipe that pairs perfectly with a2 Milk® 🙂
My chocolate chip cookies are pretty famous and I have never shared the recipe on the blog. It is a full fat recipe and I use real butter and milk chocolate chips..the rest is skill at pulling them from the oven at the exact right time which takes a lot of practice. Don’t substitute anything… ANYTHING.
- ¾ C. granulated Sugar
- ¾ C. Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 TSP. Vanilla Extract
- 2 sticks of Butter, unsalted, COLD
- 2¼ C. A.P flour
- 1 TSP. Baking Powder
- 1 TSP. Salt
- 1 bag milk chocolate chips
- Combine dry ingredients in medium bowl and set aside
- Combine butter and sugars in stand mixer, and mix until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time until incorporated, then add vanilla.
- Add flour mixture ½ C. at a time until mixture starts to come together and stick to the paddle.
- Add chocolate chips and let the mixer go a couple rotations to get the chips incorporated.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours..I leave mine overnight.
- Preheat oven to 385 degrees F.
- Drop dough by rounded spoonful onto baking sheet with parchment paper or Silpat.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes until edges are golden brown but the inner is still soft.
- Pour a glass of a2 Milk® and enjoy!