When I was a kid, if it was summer and the sun was up, I pretty much wasn’t allowed to sit around my house. No technology to be addicted to back then means we had to make our own fun. Sometimes we’d grab flashlights after dark! Catching fireflies was a nightly thing. But have you ever thought about keeping the party going after the sun goes down? Ever wanted to play volleyball at night? Enter Energizer® and the two coolest lights since sliced..well..lights lol! Energizer sent me a box of goodies that had new lights and batteries:
About these products:
- Energizer® EcoAdvanced™ batteries are the world’s first AA and AAA battery made with four percent recycled batteries.
- Energizer headlights are lightweight, versatile and water resistant with pivoting functionality to direct light where you need it.
- Energizer area lanterns are the safe, reliable way to provide bright 360° light long into the night, at the camp fire, or while weathering a storm.
- Energizer® Vision HD+ Focus LED Headlight
- Highest Performing of the Energizer vision headlights
- 250 lumen output
- Beam distance of 80M
- Digital focus feature allows users to customize the light to the desired width
- Water and impact resistant up to 1 meter
- Energizer® Fusion LED Folding Lantern
- 330 lumen output
- Light fusion technology panel folds up for 360 degree delivering vibrant uniform area lighting
- Sturdy stand on back of lantern allows for hands-free use
- Two modes: high and low plus smart dimming technology for customizable light output
Okay, now aside from the fact we live in the country and have frequent power outages in bad storms, these lights are literally the brightest beacons in our flashlight arsenal. The lanterns boasts massive of power on 4 batteries and lasts even longer with 8. This one lit up the back yard very well. If you want it to last a really long time power it up with Energizer® EcoAdvanced® AA batteries.
But being the photographer I am I decided to put my education to practice and capture images with burned in light or just flashlight. The results? STUNNING..
For night photography you have to open the shutter as far as it can go, and slow down the shutter speed, which means using a tripod if possible. Also you can’t just put a flashlight under somebody’s face, they will look like a scary movie. Dramatic effect of mystery is what we’re after.
And if you’re looking for more interest, add some color! The head light was PERFECT for this!
After I shot these photos we decided to take that red balloon and use it for a game of night volleyball! It was super funny! I am a big believer in kids exploring nature so if my 7 year old wants to go check something out at night I give him one of these light units and let him go!
High performance, portability, you can’t go wrong with these lights in my opinion!
Check out these other Energizer® lighting products!
What kind of fun things can you think of to do with your kids using these cool flashlights? Leave me a comment below telling me fun ideas you can come up with to “Power Up Summer” and you will be entered to win an Energizer prize pack that contains:
- One Energizer® Fusion LED Folding Lantern
- One Energizer® Vision HD + Focus LED Headlight
- Two packs of Energizer® EcoAdvanced® AA and AAA Batteries
*Contest ends at 11:59 PM on July 13th, US Entrants only.
I was provided samples and a gift for sharing this information with my readers.
PIN IT !!!