I’ve decided to start writing an article every Friday to talk about 5 things that I found, did, or just thought was super cool through the week. I’m going to be writing more personal posts because I miss just being able to write about me. So here is this week’s finds 🙂
5. Bloglovin – If you have been following blogs for a while, you know that Google no longer has a reader for RSS subscriptions. In researching what other blogs were planning to switch to, I came across Bloglovin. It is basically a mix between StumbleUpon and Google Reader in that you are shown your subscriptions all on one page instead of many emails. (I always read my rss feeds through my Outlook program) so basically its cool for following feeds. You can follow my feed on Bloglovin by clicking that big fat button in the right hand corner of the sidebar 🙂
4. I thought meal planning would save money. I must be doing something wrong OR buying snacks and a crap ton of yogurt blew the bank because I didn’t save money by buying only meats and things for the first half of the month. Granted, some things are for later too like potatoes, I got 10 lbs. to cover 3 meals this month, and things like that. The MAIN reason I wanted to meal plan wasn’t so much to save money but because I want to COOK. My husband thought it would be brilliant to stock up on frozen dinners last month and guess what, not only did the kids not like them but I didn’t have money left to buy real food to cook them. We didn’t starve or anything but it is a lesson learned. I am not working as a chef anywhere so there really is no reason I can’t fix my kids a home cooked meal each night. I just need a better system. Or less snacks.
3. Skip to My Lou. This incredible site has everything for the artistic mind, from party planning, to printables, cooking, crafting and more! LOTS of fun stuff and tutorials to get lost in for hours!
2. Being sick SUCKS. I’ve caught a nasty virus that is wreaking havoc on my sinuses and it couldn’t be a worse time for it. I’m supposed to be making a bunch of recipes this month and other blog related things but can’t even see or taste to make them. I’m not whining, I just wish that I could homeschool my kids JUST so they can’t bring home school cooties anymore and make me sick.
1. I miss photography. I rarely just grab the camera and head outside to shoot. It happens in the fall and winter, there is very little color and life to capture. But still, a major reason people visit this blog is because of my photography so I want to get inspired to shoot again and fall in love. And of course share on here. Matter of fact, I’ve got some photos to share that I did from a senior session, my son’s semi-formal dance, and a wedding I did last month.