This November the folks at Swanson invite you to join in The Great Stuffing Debate. They want you to voice your opinion in some good old fashioned debates talking about stuffing for your Thanksgiving meal. For example, the question recently is, would you put vegetables in your stuffing? Swanson is a well known brand for its delicious chicken broth used in SO many recipes. I was sent a Visa gift card to go buy some Swanson broth and the trimmings to make my own stuffing. For reference not only have I never made my own stuffing (I used to buy stove top) but I didn’t use a recipe and managed to make something DELICIOUS! I was terrified because I had never tried it before!
Here is my recipe for Stuffing! There are two methods, one is to cook the veggies the night before to save cooking time, the other is the straight method that I used, nothing precooked.
3 large carrots, diced
4 celery stalks, diced
1 lb. ground turkey sausage, browned
1 container Swanson chicken broth
Stuffing bread crumbs (because I don’t buy bread or eat it I don’t have bread to cut up so I bought these, by the bread crumbs, they are lightly seasoned with Sage)
Spices: Sage, White pepper and Turkey Rub (McCormick)
(This stuffing will fill a 14-17 lb. Turkey)
Add your broth. If you precooked your veggies use only half, if your veggies were fresh use about 3/4. Don’t worry its a wet mixture but it will absorb. You need your carrots to cook a while and the broth will help that and of course add delicious flavor! Now if I were throwing this inside a turkey I would probably pre-cook the carrots but I am not a in the bird stuffing kind of girl myself! Sooooo..
And it was good! Crunchy on the top, moist underneath, and it set nicely after it came out of the oven. I had 3 people test it before I did and they loved it and said the sausage was a good surprise!I generally wouldn’t have added carrots but they came out soft and delicious and bonus, healthy!
Win it! Swanson wants you to make some delicious goodies this Holiday season so they are giving away a $50 VISA gift card!
Mandatory Entry: Tell me what is your favorite part of the Thanksgiving or Christmas holiday meal. (This is mandatory, extra entries will not count unless you do this and please refer to this post if you have questions, like why I will delete your entries if you just say “Enter Me” etc!)
Extra Entries: (you must leave a separate comment for each entry!)
- Follow me via Google Friend Connect (1 entry)
- Follow me on Twitter (1 entry)
- Like” Serendipity Mommy on Facebook (1 entry)
- Enter any other current giveaway (1 entry for each giveaway)
- Leave a relevant comment on any non giveaway post on MY blog or ANNIE’S Blog
- You can tweet about this giveaway 4 times per day! Leave the link to your tweets! Win a $50 VISA Gift Card from Swanson & Serendipity Mommy @candyclc http://bit.ly/9NJQ4J Ends 11/28
- Sign up for email updates or RSS (3 entries)
- Post my button on your sidebar or blogroll page. (1 entry)
- Enter any of Annie’s giveaways or comment on any of her posts at Mama Dweeb
- Post the Holiday Gift Guide button on your sidebar (5 entries)
- Blog about this giveaway (5 entries)
This contest ends November 28th at 11:59 PM, US residents only.
Disclosure: I was provided a gift card for this advertorial to buy Swanson Broth and food to make stuffing, opinions are my own and not influenced by monetary compensation.