About a month ago, the Krusteaz company emailed me and asked me to try their new line of Krusteaz Gluten Free mixes and come up with a Holiday recipe to enter the Krusteaz Blogger Bake-off, so this is my entry for the contest. I was sent some mixes and gifts to play with from the sponsor. Now, if you know me, and I hope you do by this point, you know that I am a chef, specifically pastry as a specialty, so you know I don’t use mixes. Also, I am not eating gluten free and for the most part don’t like the texture of gluten free. I am not a fan of adding chemicals to replace the one thing that holds food together. But with anything as a chef, you really need to taste stuff before you bash it and in this case I made my whole family try everything.
I was sent 4 mixes: Cornbread, Blueberry Muffin, Double Chocolate Brownie and Pancake mix. They sent me two of each so I got to eat everything before coming up with recipes. I tried everything. I have my own texture issues but nobody else did and they had no idea these were made gluten free. The pancakes and brownies especially were well loved.
I zeroed in on the brownie mix for my recipe.
For the recipe you just need the mix (oil egg water), 1/3 bag of chocolate chips, and half a crushed candy cane. THAT EASY and the kids LOVED THEM! You can get the candy sticks at any cake supplies place.
Gluten Free Peppermint Brownie Pops with Krusteaz Gluten Free Double Chocolate Brownie Mix
- Bake brownies according to directions and let cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Break up the brownies and form them into ball shapes. Dip a stick in the chocolate and put the brownie ball on the stick.
- Place in freezer for 10 minutes to set the brownie, we don’t want it moving.
- Warm you chocolate if needed, then pour it over the pop, and immediately sprinkle with crushed candy cane.
- Place in freezer for 30 minutes to set again.
- Set pops out to come to room temperature before eating.