I had the pleasure of working with the people at ATG Stores recently. If you have never been, ATG stores is a conglomerate megastore with 600 specialty stores, containing over 3 million products by 1800 brands! It would take a long time to go to every store but thank goodness for the search function! When asked what item I wanted to review of course I headed right for the cookware section, specifically Stainless Steel Cookware!! I received the American Trading House Gourmet Chef 15 pc. Stainless Steel Cookware Set…
Isn’t it gorgeous? Its my first real set of cookware sets, being a chef I am sure I will go through many. This stainless set is good for all cooking surfaces including induction which is good news for me because I can use it with my induction cooktop! The first thing I made with this cookware was deep fried shrimp! The second thing I made was the most delicious fried chicken I have ever made. Seriously my daughter asked for seconds, and my husband who usually takes over cooking because he *thinks* he can cook better. Apparently my studying and passion have won because this chicken won the blue ribbon!
Extremely Easy Fried Chicken
- 3 lbs Chicken Breast
- 3 Eggs (scramble em with a fork, I used 5 eggs it was too much)
- 3 Cups Italian Bread Crumbs
- Vegetable Oil for frying
1. Rinse your chicken thoroughly, pat dry with paper towel
2. Take your skillet and fill it with a 1/2 cup or so of vegetable oil, on your burner on medium
(such a gorgeous pan, this is the 10 inch skillet from my set)
3. Take one hand and grab the chicken and dunk it into the egg to coat, then drop it in the bread crumbs in a bowl. Take your other hand and grab the chicken and coat it with the crumbs, then drop it into your hot oil. You should have enough oil in the pan to come up half way on the sides with 3 pieces of chicken in the pan. any more it takes longer to cook and it will be more greasy, and it will also pull the crumbs off. This method with the oil and crumbs will have lower fat than traditional fried chicken.
4. Turn the chicken after 4 minutes when the crumbs turn a beautiful golden brown.
5. let the chicken cook for 4 more minutes on the other side. Because I lost my thermometer I made the cardinal sin of cutting the meat to check for done-ness. Some pieces were awful thick and took longer to cook. THIS IS GOOD because the slow cooking made the chicken very moist which is hard to do with chicken breast sometimes. Its a picky piece of meat!
6. My side dish was green beans that I cooked very well to browning almost but I added a few shakes of Mrs. Dash, and 1/2 cup of water and steamed them for a few more minutes. Let me say my husband ate them ALL. He’s not used to seasoned beans!
Buy It: As far as the cookware goes I am really impressed! The set sells for $86 and it does include lids for all pieces! I think its a great starter set of cookware and because its my first real set to use as I am training I am pretty impressed. You can get them at the ATG site and it has free shipping!
Disclosure: Product(s) provided to facilitate this review, however opinions are completely my own.