This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MakeItAMovieNight #CollectiveBias
In celebration of the release of Joe Dirt 2 to DVD and Blu-ray, I partnered with CB to throw a movie night and watch the movie and also to create a fun unique recipe to go along with the movie. I knew immediately the recipe I would do was Dirt Cups. These delightful cups are perfect for a sweet snack since they have cookie, pudding and gummy worms in them! The best part is that it is so easy to put them together with just a few ingredients. Also I liked the idea of digging for treasure in the dirt much like a funny scene in the movie! I loved the first movie and love this one too, super funny!
First I headed to Walmart to find the ingredients I needed for my movie night and recipe including
Orville Redenbacher’s Popcorn, Coca-Cola Classic Pop, and M&M’S® Chocolate Candies in both regular AND Peanut. I don’t know about you but I love the pop-up bowl so much, it saves me needing to pour out the popcorn to avoid getting oil and butter on my hands from the bag later when the level is lower. And what is the perfect pop (or soda, in the south) to go with popcorn? Coca-Cola Classic! Along with a sugar fix from the M&M’S® Chocolate Candies is not only the perfect movie snack fix but you can get all three at Walmart for about 8 bucks. I don’t know about you but I spend more than that at the movies on snacks!
Along with some chocolate sandwich cookies, gummy worms and a 3.4 oz. chocolate pudding mix, I had what I needed for my dirt cups! This is so easy that there is really only a couple of steps, but it’s how you assemble them that makes the impact!
1 pkg. chocolate sandwich cookies prepared as below
1 3.4 oz. box chocolate pudding mix
M&M’S® Chocolate Candies, in both regular AND Peanut
- Prepare pudding according to directions and let it chill in the fridge until you are ready. You can cheat and just buy pudding cups too.
- Take a package of chocolate sandwich cookies and scrape the middle creams out of all but 4. I won’t tell anyone if you eat them 🙂
- Crumble the cookies in either a mixer, processor or even use a meat mallet and pound them in a gallon size bag. Take the cookies you reserved and crush them in a bag coarsely.
- Assemble the cups.
- Put 1/4 C. of the crumbs in the bottom of the cup and sprinkle some of the candies on top.
- Add 1/2 oz. of the pudding on top of the cookies and candies, making sure to scrape the sides to keep them clean.
- Add another 1/4 C. or so of the crumbs on top of the pudding, this is going to be the top layer of dirt.
- Take some worms and shove them in the “dirt” leaving some of it sticking out, and bury some of the candies too. Sprinkle the reserved cookies in the middle for garnish. Not completely necessary but I liked it.
We had a really fun movie night, and cannot wait to have more! Be sure to check out more movie night ideas on the Make It A Movie Night site!
Get a $10 Vudu Movie Code
Buy all 4 participating products listed below in one transaction at Walmart between 12/22/15 and 2/2/16:
- Orville Redenbacher 6 pack Movie Theater Popcorn
- MARS Milk Chocolate and Peanut M&M’S® Chocolate Candies (3.5 oz. canister in the checkout aisle!)
- Coca-Cola 6-pack, 1/2-liter (Coca-Cola classic, Coke Zero, Diet Coke and Sprite)
- Joe Dirt 2 Movie
Snap a picture of your receipt and visit uploadreceipt.com/movienight and submit your receipt by 2/9/16
Get a $10 Vudu movie code* by email
While supplies last. Limit 1 per person.
I hope you all enjoy the recipe and definitely go get the movie, its hilarious!