Every once in a while, my circle of foodie friends has a nifty gadget to share with me and this month I got to try the Choco.Nut.Cheese Grater from HIC, Harold Import Co. I’ve been using it for cheese but today I used it for some chocolate. I’ve been sick and darn it, I like to bake when I am sick so I thought of the perfect little treat to use the grater.
The grater is really easy to use, you just add your product and hold the base (the green or black sleeve) and twist! Presto, you have wonderfully grated cheese or nuts or in my case, chocolate!
And that chocolate was the perfect topper to my little tarts filled with deliciousness! If you are in the market for an awesome tool that grates your nuts, cheese and chocolate this one is particularly easy to use AND the size is small enough to transport easily. For the month of November, I am going to try and score some whole nutmeg and I am going to grind some cinnamon sticks as well as candied ginger, all to use in my holiday pies! If you want to learn more about the Choco.Nut.Cheese grater and other products offered, you can visit the Harold Import Co. Facebook Page and check out the HIC,Harold Imports Co. Useful Tool Blog.
(I have a sugar cookie dough recipe here)
- Sugar Cookie Dough of Choice
- 1 Box Chocolate Fudge Pudding
- 1 Box Cheesecake Pudding
- Whipped Topping
- Grated chocolate for Garnish
- Prepare both puddings, you will have leftovers depending on how many tarts you make, I made 12 and had more than half the bowl left of each.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Get your sugar cookie dough going OR roll out a premade tube of dough
- Cut your dough with tart tools or if you don't have a mini tart pan, use a circle cutter and a small cupcake pan.
- Dock your dough...using a fork, poke a bunch of holes in the bottom of the "cups" so that the dough doesn't rise. If it does rise you can mash it down later.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes or until edges are golden, let cool completely
- Add 2 TBS of Cheesecake pudding to the cup, followed by 2 TBS. of chocolate pudding. Top each tart with whipped topping.
- Sprinkle grated chocolate on top for a nice garnish.