This Thanksgiving I knew I would be making Pumpkin Cheesecake. Its been a tradition for the last 5 years. I can appreciate a goof pumpkin pie but my family always chooses to have a cheesecake rather than a pie. I’ve been practicing cheesecakes since the Spring of this year trying to perfect them and this one might be the winner. I also let it set overnight for the first time and that was a major difference. It also proved patience is a virtue. Cheesecake recipe is Paula Deen’s (I was out of sour cream though.)
To make this recipe I used my brand new KitchenAid 7 Qt. Bowl Lift Stand Mixer. This beautiful machine is bigger and stronger than my Artisan but the thing that surprised me was how well it worked with delicate recipes like the whipped cream! I have a big review for this beautiful machine coming very soon!
- 1 C. Pumpkin Puree
- 3 TBS Vanilla Curd
- 1 TSP Cinnamon
- 1 TSP Nutmeg
- 1 TSP Ginger
- ½ C. Powdered Sugar
- 1 Pint heavy whipping cream
- Place the pumpkin, vanilla and cream in mixing bowl. Blend this well.
- Increase the speed to medium high and add the spices
- When the cream has started to form peaks, slowly add the sugar.
- Continue mixing until soft peaks form.